2011 Whiplash Series

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Just got this message from Whiplash on the 2011 series...
Gallup NM is really working to attract off road racing... this is just a couple hours from my hometown and I can tell you, this is some primo desert terrain..

WHIPLASH “HIGH DESERT SERIES’

For the past several years Arizona off road racing has suffered a significant loss of “DESERT RACE COURSESâ€.

Gila Bend had a world class 50 mile course that X President Clinton decided to turn into a “NATIONAL MONUMENT†and even though our racing interest were “GRANDFATHERED†the BLM refused to consider any further racing on the suddenly sacred ground.

Wickenburg , Changes in BLM administrators and policies combined with a couple of out of control Buggy / Truck drivers caused the COSTS associated with the Vulture Mine Race to exceed the income potential. We are attempting to re-open negotiations on the well established race course, and we’ll keep you posted on the results.

Mexico was the location for at least two long course desert races each year for more than two decades, but, well I probably don’t have to explain why we don’t go their any more.
That left us with the availability of a number of “SHORT†or “CLOSED†courses, OK for some but not really DESERT RACES! SOOOOOOOO…………… the search is on for MORE LONG TRACKS.

SNOWFLAKE The Forest Service in Snowflake has been very user friendly when it comes to WHIPLASH RACES, however, they have, for many years asked us to move the legendary Labor Day Race to a weekend other than Labor Day. They sited a lack of resources to properly support the race both from a Forest Service and Community standpoint.
For nearly a decade Whiplash has been able to defend our date and keep the Labor Day Weekend, but, new people are in control of the Snowflake venue and are insistent on a new a date change. HOWEVER, they are willing to give us a SECOND RACE DATE if we vacate the Labor Day tradition.
As a result we now have TWO Snowflake Races, the first will be held the weekend of April 30th and the second the weekend August 27th BEFORE Labor DayTHESE TWO SNOWFLAKE RACES WILL FEATURE ALL CLASSES INCLUDING TRUCKS / BUGGIES .

Gallup N. M. has built a World class Off Road facility on the west edge of town. There is a local off road club that is managing and promoting it. They have invited ATV, UTV, Trophy Kart and MOTORCYCLE riders of all ages and skill levels from Whiplash, the New Mexico Desert Racing groups, the WEBE group out of Colorado, as well as riders from Texas, Utah, Idaho, California and Arizona to the FIRST ANNUAL “GALLUP OFF ROAD NATIONALSâ€.
Gallup is only about an hours drive East of Holbrook on I-40, and riders from across the West will gather there, represent their State, their Club and THEMSELVES on a 25 mile +or- course. The course features Washes, Mountains, Fast Trails, Slow Trails, a Water Crossing, and a short Trip thru Town as well as a little MX.
Finishes will be awarded by class and each Club including WHIPLASH will award their own points.
“THE GALLUP OFF ROAD NATIONALS†will be a HAPPENING and well worth the drive. (COMING MEMORIAL DAY May 27th,28th & 30th 2011). It will be a WHIPLASH points race for everyone, no buggy / trucks, sorry, but we are working on a track there, it could happen.

PAGE We will be welcomed in beautiful PAGE Arizona on the weekend of July 9th & 10th, we will have a new camp and pit area at this race, further from the amenities that we have become use to but CLOSER TO THE ACTION!!! The rough and technical track has become a favorite for REAL OFF ROADER’S or so I’m told by a number of Steering wheel guys. ALL CLASSES will compete.

OCTOBER 8th & 9th A couple of years ago we had hoped to offer a race on some private land in Holbrook, insurance problems caused us to cancel the event. We had been trying to solve the insurance problems ever since (the problem is a $10,000 premium), we thought we had it solved until yesterday, but alas, we are pretty much back where we started. If we can solve it everyone will race their on the October 8th weekend.
If we can’t, we hope to use the above mentioned GALLUP course.
And, if those two options fail we WILL bring everyone to the CINDERS, we will bring back the old 35 mile course and give it HELL!!!

YOUR 2011 WHIPLASH HIGH DESERT SERIES
April 29th - May 1st SNOWFLAKE (ALL CLASSES)
May 27th - 29th GALLUP NATIONALS (no Trucks / Buggies)
July 8th - 10th PAGE (ALL CLASSES)
August 26th - 28th SNOWFLAKE (ALL CLASSES)
October 7th & 9th HOLBROOK, GALLUP, or CINDERS (ALL CLASSES)

Most of us have already given up on Whiplash. A little too late my friends...

Sorry, should have titled the post "Racing at Gallup NM new track".

Dang, and I was all excited that little ol' Gallup NM had a good race track...that was the main gist of my post. Didn't know anything about Whiplash and some members dislike for WR. Guess some of you will never know what an awesome desert area is just outside of Gallup. And judging from the way the BLM is treating off-roaders more and more, racing on indian reservation lands may be off-roading's future.
Like I said, pointing out the there is another venue of racing. Outlaw Desert Racing from NM will be using this track for races also.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled bitch program..:D

Darryl,I was just giving factoryfmf a hard time.I raced several Whiplash races last year and will most likely continue to race them.

Darryl,I was just giving factoryfmf a hard time.I raced several Whiplash races last year and will most likely continue to race them.

I thought you might've been doing that..
I don't know what my schedule will be like, but I'm racing the Gallup race for sure. That will be a good race. And then anyone that wants to drive up to Farmington afterwards, I might arrange a whitewater raft run down the Animas in Durango, CO for afterwards.

LOL. I was not at fault and was asked to return. No thanks.

That would tend to ruffle your feathers for sure....

But when we only have 4 races a year within 300 miles, we take what we can get... the southern Cali, AZ and Nevada folks have all the fun otherwise...

Very much understandable. Although there are only 6 BITD races this year and I think that is plenty!

I'm a newbie to Whiplash racing, but I thoroughly enjoy the venues and people! I have only been to three of there races so far and plan on making all of them this year lord willing!
They have welcomed the "old school" Honda Pilot's and stadium lite race cars I have! Seems a lot of the "Built UTV" racers don't like a buggy that's older than most of them racing against them???

Attachments

• last chance race 2 small.jpg
    last chance race 2 small.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 6
  • slick rick.jpg
    slick rick.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 6
  • from phone sept 005.jpg
    from phone sept 005.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.