1912 Battles a Gremlin in Parker

UTVUGJake

1912 Battles a Gremlin in Parker

135.jpg

136.jpg

Phoenix Arizona

Prepping for a Best in the Desert race is always a challenge. tear down prep utv, doing repairs, testing, packing, and the list goes on! To say I am crazy about this sport would be an understatement. From the fans at tech, fellow racers and officials. This being my rookie season and my first Parker BWDC I was unsure of the short grand prix style format.

137.jpg

Race day #1 starts before the sun rises. My last two races ended with DNF's caused by new car blues. The start is a drag race into the desert. The 1912 pulls hard and we wins the first war of the day. Ear to ear smile until RM12 and the electrical gremlin bites us again. Tim Jewett (co driver) and I get out and try to figure the problem out after wiggling some wires, checking connections, and kicking the tires we are off again and the RZR seems to be fine for about 5 miles and that little gremlin is back. so at this point we are pulling off the coarse every 6 miles and shut the car off for about 30 seconds and it would reset off we would go to be doing this through out the race. we finished day 1 of the BWDC and would go to the main pits to figure out the problem, after working on it for a couple hours we think we have it figured out so off we go to get some rest.

Race day # 2 and I am staged at the start with my fingers crossed, the green light flashes and all I see is blue flashing lights. I get left in the dust. The car is down on power but seems to be running ok. We are pushing along until we see Mr John Wayne and the check engine light arounf RM10. Our gremlin is back so we pull off coarse and check the engine code it was injector code. Jason Melvin ( co driver for Sunday) and I get out and repair the injector harness. This repair took us less than 20 mins and we are off again and the RZR is running better than it has all weekend until right in front of the hot pits the gremlin is back so the rest of the race was stop and reset. Giving up was not an option. WE finished and received our finisher pins and almost landed in the top 10. The course was very rough on day 2. I want to say thanks to my crew Kim Melvin, Jenna Melvin, Tim and Christy Jewett, Jason Tanya Alex Melvin. Lonestar Racing, SDHQ Offroad, JM Collision Center, Factory Utv, Weller Racing, Rhino Parts and performance, UTVinc. Thank you UTV Underground for the covarage and support and Best in the Desert for the great races

1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back