Sims On the Podium Again

UTVUGJake

SIMS MOTORSPORTS LSR RACING ON THE PODIUM IN PARKER

129.jpg

130.jpg

Prescott Arizona

Well it's pretty safe to assume that I am still working on getting this whole racing thing figured out. When I got the call that said, "Why are you not in the draw for the BlueWater Desert Challenge" I instantly remembered that I had totally spaced sending my entry in. With that being said I was the lucky one to start in the last position in the Pro Class 22nd place in the shortest race we will see all year long.

Prep for this race began as soon as we arrived home from my terrible showing at V2R where I got my first DNF of the season. I told myself that I would fix the car bigger and better and redeem myself at the BlueWater Challenge. I got the car prepped and it was ready a few days before I was scheduled to leave for Parker and that is a first for the season. We loaded up the coach and race trailer and headed out Thursday evening after work.

Friday was the typical registration, tech, contingency, and drivers meeting day where I was actually able to relax a little and get mentally prepared for the battle I had ahead of me. Everything went nice and smooth Friday and I was able to go back to camp to relax and do a once over on the race car. We all went to bed early knowing that we had a 5am wake up call to be staged and ready by 5:45am.

131.jpg

Saturday morning came quick and we were prepared for the battle that we were about to embark on. We were the lucky ones that had the opportunity to be the last Pro Utv off the start line. Every car in front of us left two at a time 30 seconds apart until the line reached us where we didn't get the chance to race someone off the start line. Once the green light lit up the skinny pedal was slammed to the floor and I had no intentions of letting off anytime soon. To my amazement I started catching other races quickly and the nice part about this track was that there is a lot of room to pass. We were passing teams one by one and gaining positions quickly. I thought to myself astonished that we had a chance of a top 10 finish. We carried on the "Pin it to win it" mentality throughout the entire race and by the last lap we were in physical 4th position with a corrected time we finished 2nd two and half minutes behind Jagged X. The thought of going from last to 2nd place was an awesome feeling and it gave me a lot of momentum going into the second day of racing.

132.jpg

Sunday's racing was setup identical to Saturdays racing besides the fact that you started in the position that you finished on Saturday. That being said we got to start in 2nd position right next to Jagged X. Once the green light lit up we did the same as Saturday and help the pedal to the floor. Jagged edged us out on the start and had the lead quickly. About a half mile after the start I caught Jagged and he quickly moved over and let us by. From that point on I knew I had to gain two and a half minutes on them to win the overall and tried my best. Sundays track was rough, beat to death, and nothing like Saturdays track conditions. We led almost the entire race and came into the finish line in first place with Jagged X close behind. We didn't get enough distance between us and Jagged to take the overall, but it was a great feeling winning the Sunday race and knowing that I was giving the best team out there a great run. We had a fantastic time racing with everyone and really look forward to the next race.

133.jpg

Once again I would like to thank everyone that helps me perform at this top level: Polaris RZR for supplying the best platform available, Lonestar Racing for setting me up with the best suspension system available, Fox for supplying the shocks to absorb the terrain off the roughest track of the year, Itp Tires and wheels for not having one tire/wheel failure all weekend, Rugged Radios for the awesome communications, Queen Racing for engine to push me to the front of the pack, family, friends, co driver, and my shop Northern Arizona Auto & Off Road for allowing me to build/prep my car for every race. And once again UTVUnderground.com, RUSTY, and THE MAD MEDIA crew for being there to make all of this possible!!!!!!!

1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back