RZR Powered Z1 Legal?

LakeFire

So I found a guy at Hawk Engineering that makes a badass kit for the RZR. Its a Z1 Snow mobile motor and is 1056cc and classified as a 1100. Its pushing 120Hp and since UTV's are upgrading and making things faster and stronger every year unless your a sponsored racer and are backed by the factory then you can't keep up and stay competitive. So my question is the motor legal to BITD, SCORE and many others or is it against the rules? Seems to me the rules change every year because the factory isn't staying put on engine size and performance? Mine is a 2009 RZRS and its completly stock and theres no point to racing if I am the slowest guy on the track. Since I can't get an answer from BITD and SCORE via Email I was hopping you guys could help me out. I am sure the guys at BITD and SCORE are very busy but I have this lingering in my mind. Discuss and lets talk! Thanks guys! Love Racing just for a lower budget guy like myself this is the "Cheapest" I can go without buying a second rig....

BITD rules are on their website. 1000 cc's is the max unless you want to race sportsman. I think "not 100% sure" that it would currently be legal to race Score. Right now Utv's racing SCORE race sportsman so pretty much anything goes. There has been lots of talk about SCORE starting a Pro UTV class with rules similar to BITD in which case that would make that motor illegal to use in either series in the PRO classes. Yamaha makes a snowmobile motor that is like their R1 sportbike motor that is legal.

You wont be able to race in the pro utv class, but you will be able to race a dsr1/sportsman class. Pro UTV is a Factory engines. With your RZR S you may not go out and be competitive but in a RZR XP you will. We took 4th place at Vegas 2 Reno in a XP4 with a bone stock engine. It had an Muzzy exhaust and a muzzy digitune, no internal mods what so ever. BITD is definatly a competiteve venue but from what I have learned its more about keeping your machine from breaking and good planning then raw horsepower.:)

That engine would not be legal in the DSR1 class for BITD. The BITD rules specifically state no engines larger than 1000 cc's in the DSR1 class.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back