Yamaha replacing rear cv boot

catrep

I have a 2008 yamaha rhino and i need some help and direction on replacing my left rear cv boot, my rhino is equip with XMF 6 long travel suspension. please send me any info please my email is anthony.mirelez@yahoo.com

Thanks
Anthony

inner has a circlip that you remove and the cage,star and ball bearings slide out of the cv housing with the axle, there is a snap ring holding the inner assembly on the axle. remember the direction of the cage to reassemble. outer has to be knocked off with a sharp blow the cage,star and ball bearing stay in the housing. to remove the guts you have to rotate the assembly in the housing and take out one ball bearing at a time.

stock bands are reuseable. im still a fan of the fastboots kit.

that is for the stock cv's with longer axles.

if you have gorillas its a pain in the ass. i have a table setup with a cut out to make it easier with them.

inner has a circlip that you remove and the cage,star and ball bearings slide out of the cv housing with the axle, there is a snap ring holding the inner assembly on the axle. remember the direction of the cage to reassemble. outer has to be knocked off with a sharp blow the cage,star and ball bearing stay in the housing. to remove the guts you have to rotate the assembly in the housing and take out one ball bearing at a time.

stock bands are reuseable. im still a fan of the fastboots kit.

x2 Just did mine today, real easy, took about hour

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back