My Play day

wow!That happened fast!Seats comming out is pretty scary!Good thing you were all strapped in!
Thanks for sharing!

looks like you wanted to put a hand out or it got blown off the wheel and then had the where with all to put it back on,, glad you had the harnesses on,, most videos you see people are not wearing belts at all,,

that sucks with a new ride

I would like to see what Can Am has to say about the seats coming out like that. This should be a huge concern for them.

You might want to contact Can Am and let them see this video. I'm sure they would like to see how their seats ejected themselves in a roll over. You never know they might be inclined to help you with some replacement parts.

I just remembered there was a video on here showing a Russian? company testing the new Can Am right when it was released. They did a similar slide barrel roll and the seat came loose the same way. The crappy stock seat belt and a death grip on the steering wheel was the only thing that kept the driver from being completely ejected from the car. At one point you could see where the drivers leg was over the steering wheel and one hand had been jerked off the wheel. A day or so after being posted it was removed from You-Tube.

looks like you wanted to put a hand out or it got blown off the wheel and then had the where with all to put it back on,, glad you had the harnesses on,, most videos you see people are not wearing belts at all,,

that sucks with a new ride
Sorry for late response was gone for the weekend.
Yes I think my hand got knocked off from the hard blow in the roll over, I have mad bolt in seat mounts now, still need to mod P/side seat..

Dang, did it do much damage to your rig,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It tore up the front bumper, tore the P/side door off, bent the right rear control arm assembly.

Here is how I have her now

Attachments

• IMG_20130704_174136.jpg
    IMG_20130704_174136.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20130704_172452.jpg
    IMG_20130704_172452.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 9
I would like to see what Can Am has to say about the seats coming out like that. This should be a huge concern for them.

You might want to contact Can Am and let them see this video. I'm sure they would like to see how their seats ejected themselves in a roll over. You never know they might be inclined to help you with some replacement parts.

I just remembered there was a video on here showing a Russian? company testing the new Can Am right when it was released. They did a similar slide barrel roll and the seat came loose the same way. The crappy stock seat belt and a death grip on the steering wheel was the only thing that kept the driver from being completely ejected from the car. At one point you could see where the drivers leg was over the steering wheel and one hand had been jerked off the wheel. A day or so after being posted it was removed from You-Tube.

There is a very small pin that holds the latch in for the seat.. Yes I think they should recall there design of that system.. I have cut out the stock stuff and made some wield in mounts that are bolt in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back