Katie Vernola Race Report

UTVUGJake

KatieV.jpg

“RACERX MOTORSPORTS SPONSORED ATHLETE KATIE VERNOLA’S RACE REPORT FROM THE UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP”

02/25/15 El Cajon, CA
– Katie Vernola headed to the first ever UTV World Championships in Laughlin, NV February 21, 2015. Here is her race report.

“My team and I arrived in Laughlin Friday morning. No practice and no qualifying!

I raced in the production 850 class in my SuperATV Polaris RZR 900 #4503.

One of the best moments of the race is when I was struggling to see in the dust and I just kept an eye on top of the cage in front of me, catching up to him and quickly passing another car. Speeding off and creating even more dust I entered into the infield section, catching up to another two cars where I cut inside on a sharp left hand turn knocking off another two positions. Unfortunately I didn't finish the race due to the rear wheel studs shearing off.

I'd like to specifically thank SuperATV for such good parts that I drove without a wheel and tire, and didn't break a thing; ball joints, axles, wheel bearings, trail ring arms or a-arms. Thank you Walker Evans Racing for setting up my RZR 900 & RZR 1000 with the perfect shock setup, from the Lucas Oil short course track to the tough UTVWC terrain. Thank you GMZ for the perfect wheel and tire setup. Thank you MTX Audio for supporting not just me, but also my team. Setting up speakers for the pits, RZRs, trailers and tow vehicle is more than I could ever ask for, Thank you! Thank you Racer X again for all your support!

image009.jpg

Sponsors: : SuperAtv.com, Nflow Motorsports, UTV Underground, Polaris RZR, GMZ Race Products, MTX Audio, Carr One Fabrication, Walker Evans Racing, Bell Racing, PRP Seats, K&N Filters, Yoshimura, Dynojet, Cody Haggerty, Awthentik Design Group, Racer X Motorsports, Factory UTV, ProArmor

‘If you dream it, you can do it!’” ~ Katie Vernola

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back