How many chase trucks do we need for the SS300

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
We are planning out our stragegy for the SS300 and the question came up about chase trucks. I have an F250 and a 28" trailer fully equipped with everything to work on the car and more. Is it reasonable to chase with the truck/trailer or should I plan to take two chase trucks and leap frog pits like in the Vegas to Reno? The race packet will not be out for a couple more weeks.

We are planning out our stragegy for the SS300 and the question came up about chase trucks. I have an F250 and a 28" trailer fully equipped with everything to work on the car and more. Is it reasonable to chase with the truck/trailer or should I plan to take two chase trucks and leap frog pits like in the Vegas to Reno? The race packet will not be out for a couple more weeks.

I am hoping to have two chase trucks, but don't know for sure yet. Here is the preliminary pit mileage. Read the notes at the bottom regarding trailers. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• 2011_SS300_PitMileageChart.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for all the info. We will bring two. I have a 2011 raptor crew cab 6.2 that I my team has been dying to chase with. I will most likely be in the car so looks like my guys will get the raptor. Thanks for all the information.

when i was dropping off my entry for the race today, i asked him he said you could do it with no problems with 2 trucks. now he also said you could do it with one on a budget . i did this course with 1 chase truck 2 years ago and only missed 1 pit it was the dry lake pit so it is really up to you and your budget ...

we should have 5 chase trucks total with us teaming up with the Trophy Truck team i help so please feel free to stop if needed they will have pit signs with the deere logo and the #1913 all of the crew know how to help. :D

If it's like last year, one chase truck is all you need, might want to rethink that 28' trailer. Some of the pits might be hard to get in and out of.

when i was dropping off my entry for the race today, i asked him he said you could do it with no problems with 2 trucks. now he also said you could do it with one on a budget . i did this course with 1 chase truck 2 years ago and only missed 1 pit it was the dry lake pit so it is really up to you and your budget ...

we should have 5 chase trucks total with us teaming up with the Trophy Truck team i help so please feel free to stop if needed they will have pit signs with the deere logo and the #1913 all of the crew know how to help. :D

Thanks for the offer. Sharing pits is a great idea. I may take you up on that.

If it's like last year, one chase truck is all you need, might want to rethink that 28' trailer. Some of the pits might be hard to get in and out of.

My trailer choices are a 28" enclosed with all my tools and spares or an 18" flatbed. Sounds like I need to invest in a 15" trailer. Towing that 28" is also a challenge so it looks like I need to re-think my pit trailer. It worked great for shourt course and some desert races but it is not good for all.

Thanks for the offer. Sharing pits is a great idea. I may take you up on that.

My trailer choices are a 28" enclosed with all my tools and spares or an 18" flatbed. Sounds like I need to invest in a 15" trailer. Towing that 28" is also a challenge so it looks like I need to re-think my pit trailer. It worked great for shourt course and some desert races but it is not good for all.

a smaller trailer is a good idea the roads are all two lane highway's

You could do it with one but it would be easier with two. We will have a two or three chase vehicles. You could leave some stuff with my chase vehicle and we could help you throughout the race as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back