Fuel Cell Set-Up Help

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
I have a new fuel cell mounted up in the RZR and was wondering what people are using for a fuel pump, regulator, etc. Need help with the set-up. View attachment 8206

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349390850.095838.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349390850.095838.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 76
I have a BDL regulator and a Bosch pump, but I think the pump is pumping too much fuel or the regulator isn't regulating it.

I have a BDL regulator and a Bosch pump, but I think the pump is pumping too much fuel or the regulator isn't regulating it.

Do you have a pressure gauge on or inline with the regulator? Is your regulator adjustable? EFI generally runs in the 45 to 55 psi range.

Yes, pressure gauge on the regulator. Regulator is adjustable...checked pressure going to fuel rail and it's at 70 psi after changing to a new pump rated at 45-65 psi. Maybe regulator is bad? Trying new regulator today.

Am I missing something? Breather? Filter? Return? What's the set-up supposed to be?

The aeromotive regulator I used had 5 ports. Out and 4 return locations. I just blocked off the 3 returns I did not need. I ran 40 psi to a r1 engine.

You need supply to fuel rail, return to tank, and vent from tank to high on rollcage with a 360* loop.

Okay. The regulator I have has three ports and a spot for a fuel pressure gauge. I have a gauge on there, one port that's being fed from the pump, one return to the block and one blocked off. I have a hose venting from the fuel cell that I'll run up...and as you said 360*.

I'm getting a different reading from my pressure gauge on the regulator and a gauge that I have directly on the fuel rail.

I think we have it figured out. First we were running too crazy of a pump. That ruined our regulator even after changing the pump. So, after changing the pump to one rated at 45 psi and putting in a new regulator. We're golden!

So, it worked but didn't work at the same time. I keep ruining my fuel pump. Ideas?

My set-up is - fuel cell, fuel pump to fuel regulator (two port in/out and return).

What's the problem?

I am not sure if the S model has a return, but the xp does, its on the other side of the fuel rail, just route it back to the tank.

do you have a pic of the stock tanks pickup/pump setup? good thing about a fuel safe is the large oval steel center plate. after many headaches on 4 cylinder ford rangers i just mounted the stock pump/pickup/sending unit in the oval plate and called it a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back