Calling all UTV racers!!!

cwspfx

Drive fast...take chances
Cal City Race / June 25th

10 mile coarse .... 2 hour grand Prix style / Practice Friday 24th - Noon to 4 p.m. - race is Saturday 25th AM!!

11sc3infoLarge.jpg

11sc3coursemapL.jpg

more info at Super Course Desert Series

yes .... and all though the rules book look long .... they are relaxed... stock gas tanks are ok ect ...ect. I heard a stock rzr S won the last one(over all)!!

where are the rules I couldn't seem to find them online? Looks fun I think we will come out.

about the only rules that were mandatory .... doors or nets ... 4 or 5 points belts .... fire extinguisher ... fire suit.

there was four classes

Stock ....all stock

Super Stock .... stock motors .... after market suspension

Modified .... modified motor(stock production case)and suspension

Formula UTV .... R1's ... Hayabusa ...ect

like I said they are very relaxed on the rules .... last year I was tech'd once!

about the only rules that were mandatory .... doors or nets ... 4 or 5 points belts .... fire extinguisher ... fire suit.

there was four classes

Stock ....all stock

like I said they are very relaxed on the rules .... last year I was tech'd once!
you need a fire suit??

there was four classes

Stock ....all stock

Awsome going to be some hot weather but I am sure it will be a blast!

They asked for a fire suit the last race of last years series ... do they enforce that rule ...NO!!

here is my theory on it ... if you are going to race and with the speeds that stock UTV are doing these day ... you really should be using one. Some of the races in this series are 100+ miles. If you tumble and something happens ... rupture the stock .... or fuel gets out some how .... you have a fitting chance to walk away with a fire suit. You can pick them up cheap enough ... so why not? It will take 1 bad accident to really F things up for everyone as we know from the MDR race were all the spectators were hurt/killed.

maybe I look at fire differently then most ...cause thats what i do you a living ... blow shit up and lite shit on fire for the film and live performers. But I have seen gasoline really F up some people VERY fast. Faster then one would think!!

on another note ...

this is a great series for beginners and those of us who either cant afford BITD or dont want to build a BITD legal car. You will need a pit crew to refuel you .... if you dont want to get out and do it you self ... so you get a taste of BITD type race with out all the strict rules. All the land is on City of Cal City / private land ... so they dont have to deal with BLM or CDF with permits/ fees.

I have yet to finish one of them this year ... technical difficulties ...LOL so it has gotten under my skin!!!!

off the shelf fire suit ...

JEGS .... Summit Racing ...

if you want a nice one ...

DJ Saftey .... just about all the belt manufactures sell them

Last edited:
in this race, do the UTV's race at same time as bikes and quads? or are they all separate like the WORCS?

Everyone is on the coarse the same time ... they run the UTV group last with a few minutes of separation. Its a desert coarse ... so there is room to go around in most cases.

F@#*!!! I am getting married that day!!!! And, that's my back yard!! Hopefully there will be more events like this.

I DON'T KNOW BOB THAT WOULD BE A TOUGH DECISION
I THINK I WOULD HAVE TO CHOOSE THE RACE..LOL
JUST KIDDING I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDDING DAY.:)

GRAND PRIX WEDDING IT IS THEN!!!
THE PREECHER CAN RIDE WITH ME AND WE WILL DRIVE NEXT TO YOU..THE WEDDING PARTY WILL HAVE TO BRING THERE OWN SXS'S AND FOLLOW CLOSE BE HIND MAYBE WE CAN INSTALL A COUPLE PA'S SO EVERY ONE CAN HEAR THE I DO'S .....
OK ALL THATS LEFT IS FOR YOU TO TALK YOUR BRIDE TO BE INTO MY MASTER PLAN..LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back