California City Race #4 - June 30th 2012

The 4th Cal City race of the season information is in and it's gonna be an evening race. Can't beat the entry price to come out and dessert race and camp for free at the start/finish:

SATURDAY, JUNE 30, is our SuperCourse #4 in Cal-City - Bikes and Quads will start at 6 p.m. promptly for a two-hour romp in our desert. The 13.3-mile course is one that we have not used in quite a while, mixing various sections previously used and some new "stuff."
UTVs/Lites will start at approximately 8:30 p.m.
Bike and Quads will not need lights because it gets dark around 8:42 p.m., but UTV/Lites will definitely need them.
Attached is the entry form, plus flyer, artwork and tentative course map. However, if you need the Google Earth file to take a "virtual tour" of the course, also see attached “kml†file.

We hope to see many of you for our next event.

Also, please pass the word around by forwarding this e-mail or sending us a link to send details to individuals, sponsors, shops, clubs, etc.

Remember:

Reduced entry fee = $55 - Sign up early and save even more.
No membership required = $0
Free camping = $0
Custom event T-shirt made on the spot = From $10 to $15. If you get creative with a photo of you, during the race, it may be a bit more.
Pre-run earlier in the day
Hotel discount at Best Western Cal-City

Attached are flyers and entry for the event…

Attachments

• 12-SC#4-ENTRY-Twilight-May28-Page2.jpg
    12-SC#4-ENTRY-Twilight-May28-Page2.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 12-SC#4-Course-June15.JPG
    12-SC#4-Course-June15.JPG
    429.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 12-SC#4-Course-June15-w-elevations.jpg
    12-SC#4-Course-June15-w-elevations.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 29
Stock headlights should work. AVE Racing requires the standard safety equipment - helmet, fire suit preferred but not mandatory, fire extinguisher, amber dust lights, prefer doors with safety nets but will allow wrist restraints and copilot is preferred.

It's a really fun and cost effective race series. Hope you can make it.

The entry fee is a hell of a deal. Only thing I am thinking is the drive etc. I live about 2 hours from Cal city and would prefer a one day trip. If we race that late It will be a mission home. But lets see! I am 80% down.

I know, I live in Huntington Beach about 2-3/4 hours away but you can't beat free camping. I'm going to get there around noon on Saturday and pre-run the course a few times. It should be another great event.

I have no camp capabilities lol

I would probably want a co pilot for this one in case something happens out there. Like a flat ETC. Still having a broken hand is a pain in the ass doing such basic things haha

How many of those amber lights do I need

I have no camp capabilities lol

I would probably want a co pilot for this one in case something happens out there. Like a flat ETC. Still having a broken hand is a pain in the ass doing such basic things haha

How many of those amber lights do I need
Im prety sure lou requires a co driver as far as the amber light if you just have one you can get by .:D

Im pretty sure Ill be out there again, im coming back from a houseboat trip the day before, Kyle Melville says he will pit for us, but im going to convense him to race, I hope, also Alfreado who I race against at Worcs sounds really interested.

What else we need, i never really did one of these kind of races. Do i need spares etc or can i just come and race

I would sugjest a spare tire, the terran can be rocky at points and spare gas, someone will help you in the pits if you need. Its a fun race if you can make it you will have fun.

Gas and basic pit stuff i can setup. Spare tire probably wont happen so i need to hope i can go without a flat. So far i been lucky knock on wood.

What about numbers?

Okay thanks for the info. I am going to probably race this one. I am racing at Pala on the 24th and if all is good I will attend this one as well. I have my scaphoid appt on the 27th to see my surgery date and I will be useless for another month so I want to make sure I get all my racing urges out :)

oh and I already ordered the light

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back