BITD DSR1 CLASS

johnmmc67

Just wanted to see what the r1 racers feel about running in the mint 400. I'm building a DSR1 rhino and getting some neg. feedback about the r1, no 4 wheel drive, and a dying class?

Just wanted to see what the r1 racers feel about running in the mint 400. I'm building a DSR1 rhino and getting some neg. feedback about the r1, no 4 wheel drive, and a dying class?

There was 6 of them at the Mint 400, the biggest number ever, BUT from experience with R1 rhinos Im going to bet that until these guys smarten up and put a gear reduction box in one you will never see them up in the top finishers of the pro class. The standard gear carrier that is used in Lucus Oil SR1 class just isnt going to cut it out in the desert silt and sand.

we have built a dsr1 class rhino.. you basically have to build it like a armored vehicle. other classes dont care about moving you out of the way. what sucks is theres not alot of info on the desert side of racing. if i would have known more about the gear box i would have done that instead of the short course set up. you can run the carrier setup but allow yourself clearance for bigger sprockets. the standard sprockets you get with the kit are just to get you going.

I didn't quite finish my build in time for the Mint but we will be at the Silver State 300. I went with a little different approach and gearing shouldn't be an issue. I guess we will see but I sure hope the class grows and flourishes. We put a lot of effort in to eliminating most of the weak points that people were having problems with. I know the car is fast so if it is a sturdy as I think it is we will be opening some eyes at the next couple of BITD races. :eek:
The first couple of years UTV's raced in the desert the finishing rate was not to good. Now most teams have it figured out and they are getting faster and faster with really good percentage of finishers. I think the DSR1's are in the same place but will enough people put the effort in to perfect them and get them working the way they should? Not sure but I hope so since I just built one!;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back